Saturday, January 28, 2012

Date Night

Derek and I got a babysitting gift certificate from Mel for Christmas so we went out on a date last night. We went to Famous Dave’s for dinner. Neither one of us had ever been there and we both loved it! Derek got ribs and I got beef brisket! After dinner, we went to Michaels to get a few last minute supplies for some cupcakes he’s working on for a birthday party this afternoon and then we went next door to Babies R Us to pick up some baby food for Tyler. I had a $5 reward that expired today so I wanted to use it. After our errands, we went to the movies to see One for the Money. I thought it was good, Derek thought it was just ok. Then we stopped by Savemart to get some cookie dough for dessert and then went home to finish decorating cupcakes and snack on our treats! I didn’t decorate cupcakes but I did separate all the white sprinkles out of a huge pack of multi colored sprinkles. It took forever and I didn’t even finish them all! Derek’s cupcakes are awesome so I’ll post them later on tonight or tomorrow. Anyways, it was really nice to go out together without the kids!! I hope we can do it again sometime soon!

I wish we would’ve taken a picture together but we didn’t so here’s a cute picture of Tyler instead.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aaaww! that picture is cute!:) I'm glad you guys were able to go out! That's an awesome Christmas present!