Friday, March 29, 2013

Resurrection rolls

I got this recipe from over here at Happy Home Fairy. So what you do is take a marshmallow and dip it in melted butter, then dip it in a cinnamon and sugar mixture. Then roll it up in the cresent roll and bake.
We did everything that she did, we read about the week before Jesus died before we started and then I explained what everything represented while we were making these. The marshmallow represents Jesus, pure white, perfect, without sin. The butter represented water or oils that he was washed with, cinnamon represented spices that they used to anoint his body. And then the crescent roll represents the linen used to wrap his body.

Then we read John 20 while they were in the oven.

So here they are before we put them in the oven.
 
Here they are after. I added butter and cinnamon on top too.
And what did we find on the inside??

 
Nothing!! They were empty! Just like Jesus’ tomb. When they bake, the marshmallow melts so that represents how Jesus rose from the dead and all that was left in his tomb were linens.

 

This is Bryan helping Jesse read while they were baking.


 
Bryan totally got it! When we opened them to see the inside and we said they’re empty, Bryan explained to me exactly what I was about to tell them about Jesus being resurrected. I had to explain a little more to Jesse but I think he understood too. Malaya had no clue what i was talking about but she liked the rolls!

 The kids thought this was really cool! And they turned out really good, I don’t really like crescent rolls but they tasted good with the cinnamon and sugar!
When we were done, Bryan said this should be our new Easter tradition!

3 comments:

Luis and Rachelle Weger said...

I love it! I am going to the store today to buy the big marshmallows! What a wonderful way to tell the story!

Lynne said...

This is great. It brought tears to my eyes.

Anonymous said...

Great idea!! I heard someone did something like this using peeps, but this sounds so much better!!