Wednesday, January 2, 2013

2013 Goals

I’m so excited for the new year!! We had a really great 2012 and I just know 2013 is going to be even better!! I know that sounds silly but I’m really excited about our business and how well it’s doing!! I made a huge list of goals and I had fun talking to Derek about everything I want to work on this year so here’s my list!


Personal

Work out-I want to start doing HIIT (high intensity interval training) so that I can’t use the excuse of not having enough time.

Read the book of Mormon and D&C

Get to bed earlier

Blog more about what’s going on instead of just posting pictures. I want my blog to be more like a journal for me so that I don’t forget all the cute things my kids say and do.

Start preparing for the temple

Learn to use my DSLR camera

Marriage

Monthly date nights

Read a book together- there are a few books from the deseret book store that we both want to read.

Read book of Mormon together- we started doing this once before but never finished.

Kids

Work on Jesse’s sleeping problems- maybe find a new doctor for this.

Chore/responsibility charts- I have one that I want to have laminated for  each kid but I haven’t decided how this will work out like whether or not they will get paid or rewarded.

Teach Jesse and Malaya letters and numbers.

Teach Malaya and Tyler shapes and colors. Malaya is already learning these but she doesn’t quite have it all down yet.

Read book of Mormon together

Read with Bryan daily to work on reading comprehension (and discuss afterwards)

Start a note journal with Bryan to work on his handwriting and grammar- Bryan loves to write notes to me so I thought this would be a great way to work on these areas because he’s really struggling!

Go to the library twice a month

Create more of a daily schedule (but not really a schedule) – I don’t want to try to stick to a daily schedule, but I’d like to have sort of a guideline for what we will do each day.

Financial

Pay off credit card

Start emergency fund-we have a certain amount we’ll try to reach by the end of the year.

Budget better- use cash system for everything but bills. We’re really good with this, but I decided that I like to SEE when and where the money is going so I want to try this again!!

Save early for Christmas and things we need on Black Friday. We’re planning on saving a certain amount each month. There’s so many great sales on Black Friday but I never have extra money to buy things that we actually need so this year I want to make sure we do!

Save for Mel’s wedding- I hope this is on everybody’s list!!!!

Continue food storage and update 72 hour kits. I also like Megan’s idea of a fire escape plan so we’ll work on that too. I need to find a good place to store our 72 hour kits because we kept them in our garage in Reno but we had mice and they ate everything. And we have them here too so they need to be stored inside somewhere.

Have a garage sale this summer

Pay back family members

Business

Learn peachtree- this has been on my to do list for a while now!!

Organize business stuff into better filing system

Set a time each week for me to work on business stuff- I’d like to update the monthly statements at least once a week instead of doing it all at the end of the month.

Church/friends/extended family

Start visiting teaching- yeah I haven’t done this at all!

Invite friends over for dinner

Plan a family reunion (for next year??)

Home/family

Stick to the cleaning schedule I came up with a few months ago and add a little to it.

Create a homemaking binder- I have this planned out I just need color ink so I can print it and then have some of it laminated.

Do FHE every week. We’ll probably do it on Wednesdays because Derek works on Monday and scouts is on Tuesday.

Clean and organize master bedroom and closet. When I clean, I just put everything in my room so that the rest of the house looks presentable but then I never put anything where it belongs in my room so I really need to work on this!! 

Take more pictures!! And print them out!! I have an idea that I came up with last night that I want to start doing on New Years Eve every year so I need our pictures to be printed.

Start traditions book and decide on new traditions. I need a whole other post to talk about traditions. I love traditions!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!! That's a lot of great goals!! I'm very impressed Kay!! :) I hope you accomplish them! It's great that you and Derek sat down and talked about it together. I should do the same with Mark!

Will you share all your organizing ideas and plans on your blog? I would LOVE to see your homemaking binder and chore lists, etc!! It's always fun for me to see what other moms do in their homes!!L:) I'm a dork, I know.

Anonymous said...

Awesome list!!! Now I am going to have to do this when I get home!!! -Rachelle

Aubry said...

I love all your goals! I really need to sit down and write mine down!