At Bryan’s appointment last week, his doctor said that if he has any bleeding or if he gets a lot more bruises to call her. He’s had several bloody noses, gotten a few new bruises, and on Saturday he started getting petechiae, which are those little red spots that mean he’s bleeding under his skin. He has it on his back, chest, neck, face, legs, and one of his ankles.
So Derek called his doctor this morning and they told him to come in. They checked his platelets and they went down to 4! I can’t believe it! Last Tuesday they were at 27! So anyways, they’re going to treat him with an IVIg which is the same thing he was treated with last October when he was in the hospital. I’m not excited about this treatment, but I guess it’s better than nothing. I hope he doesn’t get sick and I hope it works better than last time!
They’ll do the treatment at the doctors office, it will take several hours and then he’ll go home. The next morning, he’ll go back to check his platelets. If they haven’t gone up as much as they want, they’ll give him a second dose of the IVIg.
I’ll post an update on Thursday after we find out how the treatment worked.
No comments:
Post a Comment