I had a wonderful Mother’s day. Bryan told me on Saturday night not to get out of bed in the morning because he was going to bring me breakfast in bed. He brought me a bowl of kix and a glass of apple juice. It was so sweet! Then when I got up, he helped me make cinnamon rolls. Bryan made me a very special card at school that he was so excited to give to me. Jesse and Malaya both colored a picture for me.
Bryan was trying to tell Jesse and Malaya that it was mother’s day, but he accidentally said it’s mommy’s birthday so then Malaya kept saying happy birthday to me. It was really cute! I love the way she talks!
We had pulled pork sandwiches for dinner. After dinner, Malaya and Jesse helped me make cookies and then we had homemade ice cream sandwiches for dessert.
I had fun hanging out with the kids all day! I read about an idea on one of the blogs I read to make mother’s day a day that I tell the kids how much I love being a mother instead of expecting them to do something special for me. So I told them all a few times throughout the day what I love about being their mom and why I love it. Bryan was so good to me all day though and made sure to make my day special!
2 comments:
You guys are just so cute! I love Bryan, he is such a sweet kid. What a great idea about Mother's Day. I will have to try that next year. My kids didn't really get the point this year :) Love the haircut!
That is so sweet of Bryan to bring you breakfast in bed!!:) I'm glad you had such a good day! That's a great idea telling the kids why you love being their mom.
Post a Comment