Sunday, December 16, 2012

Meet Jack

One of Santa’s elves arrived at our house this morning to keep an eye on the kids for him. He brought a north pole breakfast and a book to explain to the kids what he’s here for!! For breakfast he brought snow balls and hot chocolate with ice bergs! (donut holes and big marshmallows) The kids got to name him and Bryan chose the name Jack.

If you haven’t heard of elf on the shelf before what he does is watch the kids during the day and then at night when they’re sleeping he goes back to the north pole to report to Santa. Then he’s back by the time the kids wake up and he’s in a new place and they have to find him. He could be hiding or he could be doing something silly or mischievous. I’ll post what Jack is up to every day until Christmas!







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

CUTE!! I love your idea. I have been putting this off and not wanting to give into this weird holiday tradition, but Brynnan saw your pictures. He said it wasn't fair that Santa didn't send an elf to our house!! Hahaha, I guess I might have to give in and get one to come here too:) Hope you have fun with it!:)

Luis and Rachelle Weger said...

I just heard of this last night! My hair stylist told me about it! He said some families do silly things, like if the kids are too good, then the elf starts to make mischief, like gift wrapping their tennis shoes, and TPing the christmas tree and such! Crazy huh! My kids would have a lot to report! I'll have to tell Luis about this idea!